BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday 2 September 2010

Croaking frogs. Please shaddup thanks.

I've woken up at an ungodly hour in a holiday- 715am. It was for the Oxbridge Roadshow at MD and I have to say that I really admire those who have brilliant presentation skills. Say the British High Commisioner and Her Excellency/His Excellency's wife (no idea the correct way to address her). Both of them are graduates from Cambridge. Their presentation took the form of a double act, really cool!


Many people, esp students, hate formal talks, dry and boring script-reading speeches. So I always love those kinds as if the presentators are talking about ideas that have just sprung to their minds- the extemporaneous speeches, but, they do have the script right in front of them. It's just the way you deliver the speech.

They can as well guide the listeners to the appropriate mood at certain parts of their speeches, which remain really interesting. Say with a change of the tone, the listeners do know 'he is serious now.' Awesome~

I wish I could be like them.. I did try but I think I failed lol. Quite often, I was like 'urmmm...'

Token of appreciation-pen and a trophy. Seriously, they don't have to give us trophies. Not sure if trophy is the right noun actually.

And yea, this then settles one of the tasks of being a Univ Ambassador (a scheme I have taken part in)- delivering a talk to a school so as to promote and encourage the students to apply to Oxford and providing necessary guidelines and helps to those who are thinking so.

I think I have signed up for and done way too many things to boost up my CV (well actually my primary aim is to meet more people so I can make more friends. Yeayea I know it sounds desperate) but then now I find it unnecessary lol. As if I can squeeze in so much stuff into a CV. But oh well, since I have get involved, might as well just do it till the very end ie till the half term of Michaelmas.

I seriously love the Oxford crest. It takes the shape of the crest of Uchiha Clan from Naruto. Well may be vice versa, since Oxford has existed way before Naruto.


Okay Ox crest looks much better than Uchiha's!








0 comments: